Thursday 23 January 2014

Illamasqua Pristine Black Lipstick

Illamasqua are my overall favourite cosmetics brand for many, many reasons - the most simple one being they make both conventional and unique products that are consistently amazing quality.

They also have a great £5/£7/£10 sale going on right now which I have taken advantage of to try more of their products, particularly their vampire pale foundations/concealers (which I will review separately).




Amongst many things I picked up Pristine - a "pure black, matte finish" lipstick for £7, and promptly decided that it was the appropriate thing to wear to the dinner party I was hosting that night.

First things first: it's definitely not matte - or even demi-matte - it felt and wore like a satin lipstick which would be great for those with dry lips but cut down on its wear time massively. Pristine also had good pigmentation - especially considering it's unconventional colour - but did have a slight tendency to feather and smudge (I was not wearing lip liner).


Illamasqua vs Mac lipstick bullets - my only fault with Illamasqua is their bulky and often impractical packaging


Overall it was comfortable, opaque with average staying power and a much better black lipstick option than my OCC Lip Tar in Tarred.

I paired it with my usual face and an amped up version of my favourite gold, bronze and black eye makeup (product list below) and slung a gold headpiece on for good measure. My current loves in life are obviously unconventional lip colours, headdresses, stiletto nails and - as always - ugly jumpers.


Dark Greek Goddess? I don't really know what I was going for here

FACE:

  • NARS Oil Free Primer
  • NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia
  • Illamasqua Hollow Cream Pigment Contour
  • Illamasqua Delirium Cream Pigment Blush
  • NARS Albatross Highlighter
  • Illamasqua Concealers in 105 and 115
  • Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder

EYES:
  • Illamasqua Brow Cake in Motto
  • NARS Smudge-proof Eyeshadow Base
  • Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow in Comex Gold
  • Inglot gold and bronze eyeshadows (from my 10 pan custom palette)
  • Sugarpill Bulletprrof eyeshadow
  • Laura Mercier Tightlining Cake and Activator
  • DollyWink Eyelashes
  • Benefit They're Real Mascara

LIPS:
  • Illamasqua Pristine



And in case anyone's interested this is what I actually look like the majority of the time:




And this is my most recent manicure (I tried to do an ombre with these colours but I'm terrible at nail art).



Saskia X

PrettyTrivialities@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. You pull off the dark colours so well! Badass looking greek goddess for sure

    ReplyDelete